Up the Pressure? Yes, sir!
Worth reposting here is a recent letter to the editor of The Villager that comments on how the New York Public Library has failed to maintain the facade on Jefferson Market, a beloved landmark.
• Keep up pressure for Ol’ Jeff •
To The Editor:
• • Heartfelt thanks to you all for the wonderful article by Albert Amateau regarding the library. I am thrilled that you have brought the building’s most immediate crisis to the light of day with your front-page headline: “Facade fix is overdue, say Ol’ Jeff advocates” (news article, Dec. 7). Time is the building’s enemy and speedy attention is crucial. Don’t let them drop the ball. Three cheers for The Villager!
Cynthia Crane Story
from: The Villager * Vol. 75, No. 31 | December 21 - 27, 2005
Read more: http://www.thevillager.com/
• • City Councilmember Christine Quinn approved $1.7 million [in 2004 and 2005] for re-doing the interior of Jefferson Market Library.
• • • • Request info or comment • • • •
Carin Mirowitz - email@example.com and/ or
Christine Quinn via fax: 212-564-7347;
via postal mail: 224 West 30th Street [Suite 1206], New York, NY 10001.
• • Sketch: Jefferson Market
New York Public Library